Thursday, March 1, 2012

Strawberry Pecan Cinnamon Rolls

Happy Friday! 

What are your plans this weekend?  Mine, you ask?  Well, "the hubs" and I plan on working in the yard and that should about sum up our weekend activities.  Other than doing the typical house chores, I am keepin' it on the down low! 

So, here's the scoop as of now...I made these rolls that look divine Thursday evening.  They are a different take on Ree Drummond's Spectacular Recipe.  I added strawberry flavoring to give the glaze a light strawberry flavor (no maple flavoring).  And instead of only cinnamon and butter in the roll, I added strawberry jam, so you've got a cinnamon-y strawberry thing going on in there...topped with chopped pecans.  Pronounced PE-cans.  Kidding.

This was my first.  I have never made a bread product from scratch in my life!  And tomorrow morning I'm taking these babies to work for an engineering breakfast and I SOOO hope that they go over well.  Maybe pastry chef is a hidden talent that is just now making it's way to the surface. 

So, we started with the dough mixture...



Then I rolled out the dough...



All of the inner components of yummy goodness...
         


The strawberry glaze...



The rolls a little smothered...in more yummy goodness.


You can get the recipe at the link I posted above.  In order to make strawberry rolls, again substitute strawberry flavoring for the glaze portion.  Add a light coating of strawberry jam to the roll, itself.  And top with chopped pecans.  Now...it's time for a taste test. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment