Thursday, May 17, 2012

Learning

As I have gotten older I have begun to look at life differently.  I have started to see life with new eyes every time I have reached a new level of maturity.  I feel like I have reached a few milestones the past couple of years and wanted to share with you.     

1.  I have a minor health issue and now I want to take the bull by the horns!  In my case, I want to take up hobbies, travel, renovate our house, etc.  This type of behavior is usually either out of fear (maybe as a coping mechanism) or reaching the age where you begin to have no fear.  This sounds more like an oxymoron, but it's true.  I have briefly discussed before that I have ulcerative colitis and so I count my blessings every day because it is not terminal.  But, like any chronic condition that is still in the treatment process, it can be tiring.  I think it is because of this that there are so many things that I want to do while I still can.    

2.  Back to the fear part!  I am learning to become fearless.  I want to take on challenges.  That is why I love being in my mid-30s.  I have already seen so much and been around the block a few times, that I have got a pretty good handle on things as they are thrown my direction.  So when you hear people talk about how their lives get better as they get older...it's so true!

3.  I've learned that the Lord knows me better than I could ever know myself.  Some of you may not know that I lost twins two years ago this past February.  That was a very difficult time for the hubs and I.  We had gone through IVF treatment and lost our miracle babies.  But, I'm so thankful that if we had to go down that road, it happened the way it did.  I absolutely cannot imagine getting further along in my pregnancy and losing my child or losing a baby after it is born.  I look up to my angels today and tell them that they are with the best babysitter there is!  They know that one day I hope to join them, but they also know that I still have work to do here.  They will never be forgotten by us.

4.  I've learned that arrogant people fall hard, but have the biggest comebacks.  Yes, we all fall hard at some point or multiple points in our adult lives, but these people tend to make huge comebacks!

5.  I've learned that no matter what, I must show compassion and less judgement. 

6.  I've learned that I don't like being underestimated, distrusted or doubted and I so must not to do this to others.  

7.  I've learned that the Golden Rule is the rule to live by!  Treat others as you want to be treated. 

8.  I've learned that I love McAlister's Deli sweet tea!  I also like an occasional Arnold Palmer.  The same is not true for the hubs.

9.  I've learned to be strong over the past year for the hubs as he continues his schooling.

10.  I've learned that reading minds is not my forte'.  This is where I use the hubs logic of only go by the information you have and don't try to guess how someone got from Point A to Point B.  It is a waste of precious energy that could be spent doing other things that bring joy.  This was actually a New Year's Resolution for me this year.  I have been working diligently on this. 

11.  I've learned that the hubs is not "mine".  He belongs to the Lord and I have been chosen to take care of him while he is on this Earth.  And so I must treat him accordingly. 

12.  I've learned that positive people appreciate positive reinforcement.

13.  I've learned that boots are the most comfortable shoes ever, with the only exception being flip flops or barefoot.  And if you are like me and have awful feet, you know exactly what I mean.  I even made a trip to Cavender's for the first time a few weeks ago to try on boots.

14.  I've learned that I absolutely love the outdoors!  I have been envisioning the hubs and I buying land in the next few years.

15.  I've learned that summers in Louisiana are hot and muggy...and just around the corner. 

So, what have you learned over the past few years?  I would love to hear about it!

Have a great weekend!


 

                 





              

No comments:

Post a Comment