Monday, February 20, 2012

Butter Pecan Dijon Chicken Strips

I must say I'm a terrible foodie blogger and foodie photographer!  I promised you a recipe for tilapia tacos and that ain't happenin' this week.  Last night while I was making dinner and taking photos, my camera died.  I had no batteries at the house, either.  By that point there were only a couple of photos taken, and they were in a dim light, which did not help the situation.  Coincidentally, I had found a new food blog where the blogger was so excited to get her new lighting studio equipment and backdrops so she could take photos of her meals AFTER dark!  Ha!  Sounds like a good idea to me!  On my to-do list...better lighting, a rolling pin and some backdrop materials.  Oh...and those cute little seasoning and spice containers found at The Container Store!  Adorable!  I also talked to "the hubs" about getting a new camera with a better lens and he wasn't having ANY of it.  Phooey.

Anyways, it was a whirlwind of a day!  That's a Monday for ya!  I do have to say that when I got home this evening and found this on the porch...



  ...my day suddenly got a little better.  CANNOT wait to have this installed!!!  NO MORE COLD SHOWERS IN THE WINTER!!!  Showers at our house during the winter season are rough.  We get...maybe...a solid 10 minutes of hot water and then it turns cold.  This has been the case for 6 years, so this is HUGE.  Must call the plumber ASAP! 

So...I wanted to share a new recipe with you.  I have to ask, though, what is the deal with Panko bread crumbs?  It must be all the rage.  So, I picked up a little Panko....

Butter Pecan Dijon Chicken Strips

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 butter pecan pancake syrup
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups Panko bread crumbs (you could add 1/2 cup regular bread crumbs..hint, hint)
Salt and pepper

Whisk the Dijon mustard, butter pecan pancake syrup and milk in a mixing bowl.  Salt the chicken tenders and add to the mixture.  Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.  Spray cooking spray or oil the bottom of a glass casserole dish.  Set aside.  Put flour in a small bowl.  Put Panko bread crumbs in another small bowl.  Dip chicken tenders into the flour and then into Panko bread crumbs.  Put chicken tenders into casserole dish.  Cook for 1 hour-30 minutes on one side and 30 on the other side.  I would also toss a little salt and pepper onto the breaded chicken tenders before putting them in the oven            


Butter Pecan Dijon Dipping Sauce

1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup butter pecan pancake syrup

Mix these 2 ingredients together for dipping sauce.



Happy Monday!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment