Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Caramelized Pimento & Onion Grilled Cheese with Bacon

I'm still sorta new to food blogging and y'all don't really know a lot about me just yet, but as time goes on, I promise you will get a better sense of who this fun-lovin' girl is in the kitchen!  And you might catch a glimpse of other happenings in my life as well!    For instance, I was just reading on a fellow food blogger's website that she has a weird obsession with Meryl Streep and she blames her obsession on the movie, "It's Complicated".  I LOVE this movie!  LOVE!  I had never really put a lot of thought into Meryl Streep basically because I had not seen many of her movies before.  But, this movie takes the cake.  Like, literally she makes a chocolate cake that makes you start to drool like a pooch.  Ha!  And don't get me started on the lavender honey ice cream she makes!  I want to create awesome flavors of ice cream like that!  I'm not even sure it was lavender honey ice cream, I just remember it was some exotic flavor that sounded wonderful.  She has a beautiful home that is in the process of being remodeled and she has an awesome bakery/restaurant in Santa Barbara.  She exuberates a quiet confidence and somehow seems relaxed while she's exuberating this so-called quiet confidence.  Putting her relationship struggles with her ex-husband aside, I am in LOVE with this movie character's life.  I want to be that woman that is confident and doesn't really have to put out a ton of effort.  You have to rent this movie to see for yourself.  If you are looking for a funny chic flick, this is it.  Then, you can be as enamored with her life as I am!  "Hubs" it's okay...no divorce is in your future. 

There's your tidbit for the day!  Now onto the serious stuff...like grilled cheese sandwiches. 

I'm in serious bliss right now.  This is absolute bliss!  Talk about a new spin on a pimento cheese sandwich.  I took a tried and true favorite and made it my own.  This is a must-have!  Your tastebuds will totally thank you! 

Caramelized Pimento & Onion Grilled Cheese with Bacon

1 8-ounce package of cheddar cheese
1 8-ounce package of monterrey jack cheese
1/2 cup Miracle Whip or mayonaise
2 4-ounce jars of diced pimentos
1/4 cup of diced white onions
4 Applewood smoked bacon slices
Sandwich sliced bread or Texas toast
Salt & Pepper
Butter for grilling sandwiches

First you want to cook your bacon in a skillet.  As the bacon is cooking, grate your cheeses and put cheese in a medium mixing bowl.  When the bacon finishes cooking, drain the pan of most bacon drippings and pinch bacon into pieces.  Throw bacon pieces onto the grated cheese.  Saute the pimentos and onion in the bacon pan and cook for about 5 minutes while stirring.  Then put the pimentos and onion mixture on top of the cheese and bacon.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Stir the mixture.  Add mixture between 2 slices of bread.  Melt butter in a frying pan and grill your sandwich.  Grill on both sides for about 3-4 minutes per side.





Does this look gooey enough?  Again, your tastebuds will totally thank you!  Go in your kitchen now and make this!  Hurry up now...



   


        

No comments:

Post a Comment