Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Tidbit

It's me again, Margaret!

I have told myself that I will blog every waking day if it kills me!  So, here we are today...without much content.  Hey...it's Thursday evening and it's been a mother of a week!  Actually, it hasn't been that bad.  The only thing I can really complain about is not getting much sleep last night due to my dog wanting to be taken outside at 1am and 4am.  She didn't feel well.  Then, "the hubs" got up at 5am to study while I got ready for work.  It's better this evening, though.  The dog seems to be feeling better and "the hubs" is done gettin' his book on.  I'll be crashing by 7pm, I'm sure. 

So, the real reason I'm blogging is to show you the state of my pantry.  I tell ya it's utter chaos up in there!  There is no order whatsoever.  This is what happens when I go almost 2 months without doing full grocery shopping and stocking  up on items and ORGANIZING.  I do mini trips to my local grocery store just to get a few things to last a few days and start the process all over again at the beginning of the next week. 

Check it out...I got the teas, pudding, flaked coconut, crackers and canned goods all mixed in.  See, no order.  It's pathetic really and mildly embarassing.  Actually, it's not too embarassing.  I got over that long ago.  Just PLEASE don't come over to look at my messy pantry in person, then I might get a little embarassed.



So, now after admitting to that, I will take the appropriate meal planning steps and do my grocery shopping over the weekend.  Then, the fun begins!  See, it's this sick thing where just following instructions on a yummy recipe doesn't do it for me anymore.  I feel the need to change recipes and make them my signature dishes.  I didn't use to be like this.  It's only been the past year that I find myself brainstorming ways of combining ingredients and making a mazillion substitutions that make the recipe different.  Is mazillion a word?   

I hope that I can create some wonderful recipes, but I'm sure you will see some flops...heck, I've already had 2 flops this year.  Not fun.  Oh well, I gotta keep it exciting around these parts. :-)

Happy Friday eve! 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment